Monday 29 August 2011

Notting Hill Carnival

Bank holiday weekend...if you are a Londoner you will be doing one of 4 things:



1. Going to Reading Festival
2. Going away somewhere nice for 3 days
3. Doing nothing
4. Going to 'The Carnival'

On Sunday I went to the carnival for the first time as I only recently became a Londoner. It was amazing...


...the energy that surrounds the dance groups and musicians as they travel through the streets.

As I wandered around you not only find yourself watching the carnival but the people watching it too. Everyone is there to have a good time, and everyone with a camera is after 'the carnival shot'. I have a pretty basic snapshot camera but here are my best shots....









I love the colours and all the mixture of people....so here is my 'carnival shot' (slightly altered obviously)...let me know what you think....


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment